Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Thursday 28 November 2013

Christmas decoration swap...

 
 Big excitement today ... a parcel from Gilly at Gilly Makes has arrived.
Its Christmas decoration swap time !


Ridiculously excited about opening it to see what's inside...
it's so beautifully wrapped up.

 
Big 'ooooohhh' ,
 look, look, look...
 

...there's three tiny patchwork stockings, the most beautiful button bauble,
a reel of ribbon and a little packet of pegs

 
I love it all, the colours are gorgeous.




The bauble is covered with tiny little buttons, all pinned in place,
and finished with a piece of velvet ribbon.
Its so delicate.
 
 Thank you Gilly so much, such a special, special package to receive through the post.
 
And now that I know that Gilly has received her parcel from me I can reveal what was inside my three little boxes...
 

 
 

...three little crochet decorations,
a robin,
 

a reindeer,
 

and a Christmas pudding.


 
A little trio of Christmas treats.

 
I had so much fun making these for Gilly,

 
packaging them all up and sending them on their way.
 
 
I'm so glad I was able to take part in this Christmas decoration Swap,
thank you Marianne from Ladybird Diaries for organising it all.

11 comments:

  1. Both yours and Gilly's ornaments are beautiful, and so beautifully packaged - both ways! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun. I love your crocheted gifts, especially the pudding, and you received a parcel of gorgeousness from Gilly. It's so fun to get stuff through the post that isn't bills or junkmail, too. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, what beautiful little lovelys. I love the pearl pinned buttons, and the 3 crochet decs you made are so so sweet, especially the wee robin :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you both have made such lovely ornaments! Those little crocheted sweeties are wonderful! And I just love what you have received, Gilly is so creative and has a great eye for colour. Treasures! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous gifts you have both exchanged :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea! I loved your crocheted ornaments and you had such lovely goodies in return from Gilly - especially that little button bauble. Have a good week. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so in love with my gorgeous little crocheted ornaments too, thank you soooo much, I will treasure them. Glad you like your goodies too, and sorry I'm only getting around to catching up now. I've taken pics and will write a post asap - I really feel like I'm falling behind at the moment.
    Love & hugs,
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gilly
      I am literally just putting up my gorgoues Gilly Decs . Have decided to put them in my office at work so that I can admire them daily !
      Don't forget to breathe and relax, you'll get there in the end. ♥
      Kate x

      Delete
  8. Aww what lovely bunch of gifts you must both be thrill, this swap is such a great idea, I'm excitedly waiting for mine to arrive. I love you're little robin and pudding so sweet, and Gilly has sent you such a wonderful parcel I do love that buuton bauble.
    Clare x
    http://summerhousebythesea.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful things that you've swopped. And that tiny reindeer is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Kate, I just popped over from Gilly's to admire your blog and beautiful swap gifts that you sent each other - it's been a lovely experience, thank you! Joy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥