Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Sunday 10 November 2013

Puppy makes ...

 
Quick shopping trip in to Bath this week and guess what shop I went to .....
 
 
and guess what I bought ....
 
 
Just couldn't help myself...


And here it is... 2 balls of gorgeous Christmassy red wool.
Just a quick project this one, hoping to start it this afternoon.

 
It's going to be one of these.. a little red jumper for Minky.
Can't say as I ever thought there'd be a day I'd be a knitting a jumper for a dog - but there you go, never say never !
 

It was lovely to get my sewing machine out again this week for another puppy make. I love my sewing machine, its nothing too fancy or clever it just does exactly what you need it to do without any fuss or complications. I bought it back when I started making my Angels and since then it has helped me run up a house full ( or two ) of curtains, produced many a cushion, its mended , it's altered, its sewn metres and metres of bunting , big and small, it just happily stitches away whenever needs be.
The task in hand on this occasion  ... a cover for a dog crate. A little plea came in when it was discovered that these retail for approx. £100.00 on line, so the challenge had been set.

 
Without a pattern there was a small amount of head scratching involved working it all out beforehand, and then there's always that nerve wracking moment where you just have to go for it and make the first cut.
Thank goodness for pins and trial runs !
 
 
I used some gorgeous spotty fabric from Clarke and Clarke and lined it all as well, no chance of any draughts creeping in whilst Minky sleeps.
 
 
There was a fair bit of puppy activity taking place all around me whilst I worked, things kept disappearing, tape measure, cord...
but excitement was definitely growing...
 

and after a couple of hours - Ta-dah !



 
Job done.
 

18 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your lovely blog and have been enjoying your posts. I wrote one on the 5th with the same title as your post from that day too :) I love the cover you've made and Minky will look adorable in a red jumper, that yarn is so yummy! Have a lovely weekend xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisabeth
    I'm so glad you found my blog and have enjoyed pootling too !
    Great minds must think alike when thinking of post titles ♥
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Brilliant piece of work againxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that Minky must be the most stylish doggie around, and certainly have the most stylish little home in his newly covered crate! You are so creative! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy
      She's certainly a very pampered pooch, that's for sure.
      Kate x

      Delete
  5. I didn't know there was a wool shop in Bath, that means there is a wool shop, a quilting shop and a bear shop so it's a must visit place again soon. The Christmas markets are soon so that would be a good time to visit. your red wool is so pretty, such a happy colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth
      Pretty sure there's also a fudge shop ! The quilting shop is just a few doors away from the wool shop. Definitely worth a visit and the Christmas Market is really special.
      Kate x

      Delete
  6. Just one word befits this project 'superb'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new yarn looks gorgeous and very festive...lucky Minky!
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dog crate cover is too cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the way you've turned an ordinary dog crate into a stylist crash pad! Minky is a lucky dog - and very cute too! I hope he enjoys his new coat when it's finished.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great Kate.....I hope Minky liked it!! Sarah xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, lucky pup! That is one stylish and cosy looking dog crate. Love the deep red of that yarn you chose, gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see Minky's new jumper. Love his cage cover, very chic :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there Kate, you were keen to join in the Christmas swap? I have a partner for you! It is lovely Gilly from the blog Gilly Makes - I have put a little link to both your blogs up on my post. Thank you for joining in and happy swapping!
    Marianne xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marianne , that's brilliant, thank you ! Very excited, off to get started.
      Kate x

      Delete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥