Verb: pootle
poo-t(u)l To move in a leisurely unhurried way,
with no real purpose


Monday 30 December 2013

Whoosh - there it goes...

 
With floods kept at bay, the final decoration hung,
 
 
 
the last presents made,
 

and sparkly toes to match the sparkly Christmas tree ...

 
Christmas began !
A dinner party for 10 on the 21st,
 
 
with VERY naughty Baileys Ice cream for pudding.
 
 
 
Just time for a quick 40 winks


 
before stockings are hung out on Christmas Eve
and found full to bursting the next morning.
 
 
Lots of giving and receiving.
 
 
( How much do I love my new slipper socks ! )

 
followed by Christmas Dinner for seven
and lunch and tea for 22 on the 27th.
 Sunny dog walks,
 

one happy dog,
 
 
 one pooped puppy,
                                 
 manicures all round as Immi received a Gel nail kit

 
and now has a little nail bar in her room
 
 
and yes, of course there was turkey pie!

 
And after, when all was quiet and calm...
new books and Tiddly Reindeers from Hotel Chocolat to be enjoyed,
 

and long neglected crochet discovered hiding behind the sofa waiting to be finished.


( very glad I thought to attach little reminder tags way back then.)

 
And then,
 just before the New Year celebrations begin...
a lovely cup of tea and a bit of a sit down.
 
 
I hope your Christmas too was just as special
with many happy memories made.

6 comments:

  1. You had a great Christmas from the looks of things Kate, which I am so pleased about as I was worried about the floods getting to you after your post with the water fast approaching. I have been willing it to stay away from you, so I hope it did. I will look forward to seeing the continued progress of your crochet in the new year! Happy New Year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy.
    Yes, the water's still there but not moving nearer thankfully. Compared to others without power and with flooded houses we are very lucky I think.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely cheerful post....
    Looks like you and yours had a wonderful holiday season...
    Cheers! To 2014....
    Linda :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds wonderful, full of busy, happy times. Enjoy your peaceful crochet and reading :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminder tags on the crochet WIP - now that is a brilliant idea. Better than the scraps of paper I use that inevitably get lost... Hope you get round to finishing it sometime! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas Kate. Happy New Year, wishing you a happy and healthy (and creative) 2014. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by - I LOVE receiving your comments and get really excited when I see a new one has been added. I read every single one and try to send a reply whenever I can. ♥